1. Log into OEM
2.Click setup>add target>add target manually
3. Select add host targets click add host
4. Click add type in the name of the host. Then use the platform drop down to select the host platform. Then click next.
5. Type in the installation base directory note the installation directory will be auto populated. Select the host named credentials or add new credentials. You can use host credentials that host sudo to root privileges to automate the execute of the root.sh. Click next
6. Review the add host target information and click deploy agent.
7. Installation progress will begin
8. If you receive a warning review and resolve issue if needed. If you you need to make changes to your selections you can use the retry drop down to make new selections. If the warning message is ok to continue click the continue drop down and select continue all hosts.
In my case it is a warning about the account I am using does not have sudo privileges so I will continue on all hosts.
9. Installation will continue
10. Once the installation is complete you will have a green check mark for installation and agent deployment. Click done
In my case you can see that status for root.sh is showing that I need to manually execute root.sh.
11. Log into OS as root and CD to the new agent home and execute root.sh.
12. Select the second choose then use the target type drop down to select "Oracle Database, Listener and Automatic Storage Management". Now click add using guided discovery
13. Type in the host target name or use the icon to select the host.
14. Select the host and click select
15. Now click continue
16. You will see all the targets discovery on the host to be added to OEM. Use the configure icon to configure each target.
17. Type in the dbsnmp account password and click test connection. If the dbsnmp account is locked a message will appear and a button to change the password and unlock the account.
18. If the test connection is successful then click next.
19. Review configuration and click OK
20. You will now see the configure icon color change to a shade of blue this means the target is configured. Repeat the same configuration steps for all targets.
21. Once you have configured all targets click next.
22. Fill in target properties if needed this is information that will be added to target properties but is only an option click next.
23. Review the discovery summary and click save.
24. Configuration will begin
25. Target configuration has been save click OK.
26. If you search for the targets you will see they have been added but are still in status pending.
27. If you wait few minutes then refresh the screen you will now see all targets are online and up.
Follow me on Twitter